Looking for help with the dlinkrouter.local setup process?
D-Link routers can be set up using the default web address i.e dlinkrouter.local. However, sometimes due to issues in connection and more can cause trouble to build up, leading in hassle. Resolving this hassle requires immediate action and the ability to counter problems with knowledge. If you have been on a lookout for such information to tackle the D-Link router setup related issues, this website is the best place for you.
Find answers to some commonly asked questions on Dlink router setup
The D-Link router setup process- Explained!
Making the connections between devices
- Connect your router to the MODEM using an ethernet cable. Connect the power cord to the router and its other end to the power outlet.
- Power on the devices and allow the LED on the front panel to light up. If they don’t, check if your router has a power button and press the same so the device powers on itself.
- Once the devices are up and running, go to the wireless network settings on your computer system and connect to the router network. Note that you will not require any password to connect to the device network.
- Now, once the computer is connected to the wireless network, open a web browser of your choice and in the address bar, type dlinkrouter.local and press Enter.
- Once you have entered the same, you will be directed to the dlink router login page.
- On the D-Link setup wizard, you will be asked to enter the username and the password in the respective fields. Once you have entered the same, press the Login button. If you need help finding the same, you can refer to the product label on the back of your product or to the user manual that came with the device.
Configuring settings on the D-Link setup wizard
- Once you have reached the online D-Link setup wizard homepage, click on the Wireless tab and select the wireless settings button.
- Once you have reached the online D-Link setup wizard homepage, click on the Wireless tab and select the wireless settings button. The section will expand. Here, type in the necessary details like the router network SSID which you wish to keep, and the network security key as well. Select the encryption type to WPA2-PSK or higher.
- If you have a dual-band router, you will need to configure the 5GHz network band as well. Specify a network name for the same and a password as well. Once you have entered the details, click on the “Save” button and proceed to the next step.
- On the next screen, you’ll be asked to configure the admin password. This is the password you will use when accessing the login page. Type in the new password you would like to keep and click on the Save button.
- The final screen will show you the summary of the network which you have just configured. If you want to record the information, you can. It will help you in the future if required.
Troubleshooting issues with the D-Link router setup
- Apart from this, if you want to confirm if it’s the right IP address, use the command prompt window. Open the command prompt window and type “ipconfig”, and press Enter. The command prompt will show the complete details about the network including the IP address, subnet mask and more.
- Next, check if you are connected to the same router’s network. If you are not, connect to it and retry accessing the d’link router setup page.
- Check if you are typing the correct web address. The correct web address for the same is https://dlinkrouter.local. If you are having trouble accessing the web page using this address, try using the IP address i.e. 192.168.1.1. If you need help finding the IP address of your router, you can visit the Network and Sharing Center of your computer system. Then click on the network name and select Details. You’ll see the IP address of the network in the next window that appears.
- Apart from this, if you want to confirm if it’s the right IP address, use the command prompt window. Open the command prompt window and type “ipconfig”, and press Enter. The command prompt will show the complete details about the network including the IP address, subnet mask and more.d’link router setup
How to recover wireless Wi-Fi password on my D-Link router via http://dlinkrouter.local?
Recovering the wireless Wifi password on your D-Link router is easy via the default address. The default web address http://dlinkrouter.local helps you get access to your device and recover your wifi password. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Firstly, make sure your computer is connected to the D-Link router.
- Now, open a web browser and type http://dlinkrouter.local in the address bar.
- The D-Link router login page will appear where you need to enter the username and password.
- After that, click on Login.
- Now, you will see the D-Link router dashboard.
- Click the Setup tab and then click the Wireless tab on the left side.
- Now, you will see multiple options on the page.
- Select the “Add wireless device with WPS” option.
- Now, choose the Manual option and click Next.
- After that, you will see the wireless credentials of your device, such as SSID, pre-shared key, cipher type, and security mode.
Now, you can take note of the wifi password of your D-link router network and connect other devices to the network.
Quick password change via http://dlinkrouter.local
To change the password of your D-Link router using http://dlinkrouter.local, kindly follow these steps.
- Please ensure the router is connected to the computer that you are about to use.
- Open any web browser and enter the default URL dlinkrouter.local in the address bar.
- Now, you will go to the Dlink router login page.
- After that, enter the username and default Dlink router password.
- Click Login and you will see the router management page.
- Now, go to the Setup and then click on Network Settings.
- Click on the WiFi password and change it.
- Once you change the password, click Apply.
- Now, the router will reboot in order to make new changes take place.
Now that you have changed the password via http://dlinkrouter.local, you will be required to enter the new password every time to connect a new device to the router’s network.
Answers to dlinkrouter.local FAQs
How do I set up my dlink router via dlinkrouter.local?
You can set up your D-Link router easily using the steps as mentioned above. Make the device connections correctly, configure the internet settings, save them and you are done. If you face any issues with the setup process, you can always reach out to the team.
What if I have lost the admin password for the D-Link router?
If you have lost the password for your D-Link router, you’ll need to RESET the router as there’s no other way you can access the device. To RESET your device, follow the steps as mentioned in the Q2 above. Once you have configured your D-Link router, you can start accessing the network.
How do I change the password for the D-Link router network?
To change the password for the D-Link router, you will need to login to the router interface. Once logged in, navigate to the Wireless tab and under the Wireless settings you’ll see the password mentioned for both the network bands. If you want to change the same, click on the Edit button and replace the existing keywords with the new ones. Finally, click on the Save button and you are good to go.
Now, you’ll need to reconnect your devices to the D-Link router network using the new password.
How do you RESET a D-Link router via dlinkrouter.local?
The process to reset a D-Link router is identical for most routers and devices. You only need to know where the RESET button is located and press and hold it for some time till the device restarts itself.
In case of a D-Link router, you will find the RESET button concealed inside a small hole. Use a thin object like a pin or paperclip to press and hold it for about 10 seconds until the device reboots itself. Once it does, reconfigure the device and use the new credentials to reconnect your devices to the network.