Enjoy smart wifi in your smart home. Fortunately for us, everything is getting smarter and we are running smart. Therefore, most of our appliances are designed to be smart, that is, they are very easy and simple to control and manage. trend. Same is the situation with the D-Link WiFi 6 Router AX5400. One of the most amazing features of this Wifi router is its Voice assistant compatibility. You can dictate to your router about how you want to function through Alexa or the Google Assistant. Are you looking forward to setting up your Dlink ax5400, the setup guide that is provided here will help you to achieve a hassle free setup.
A quick d-link ax5400 setup guide
There are two detachable antennas that have come with your router package and a Quick Installation Card. Carefully attach those antennas before proceeding to the rest of the setup. Keep by your side the power adaptare and an ethernet cable. You can either set up through the D Link App or through the Web Based approach.
Setup through the D Link App
- Go to your Google PlayStore or the Apple store and download the D-Link App.
- After Downloading the app, it will automatically be installed on iOS. However, on Android, you have to install the app on your smartphone.
- Once installation is done, launch the app
- On the app, select “Install New Device”.
- Next, pick the Quick Installation Card and scan the QR Code on it.
- Once the code is scanned successfully, follow the instructions that will be displayed on your phone screen to complete the d-link ax5400 setup.
Using the web Browser Setup
- Firstly, you have to plug in your4 D Link router into an electric outlet. Turn it on using the power button. Wait for the LED lights to stabilize.
- Afterward, you have to connect your computer to the network of your D Link router.
- You can use an ether cable to establish the network. Insert one end of the ethernet cable into the LAN port of the router and the other end into the computer.
- The other way to do this is to make a wireless connection. Open the “Settings” of your computer. From there, navigate to the “Wifi Settings”. Next, enable the wifi and a list of available networks will be displayed. From the list, select the network name of your D Link router. Input the default password and select “Connect” or “Join”.
- Next, open the browser on your browser. In the Web Address, type in the default web link dlinkrouter.local
- Press “Enter” on your keyboard. And that will load the login page.
- On the login page, type in the default password which is “password”. Afterwards, select “Login”.
- Once logged in, follow the instructions that will be displayed on your screen.
How to setup and connect device to D-Link WiFi 6 Router AX5400 through WPS
Albeit that this Wifi router device is a high tech device, it still maintains a simple appearance and common setup features like the WPS button. The WPS button is another way to set up your D Link AX5400. This method is considered simple and easy because it all involves a simple button on the router.
- Firstly, you have to know where this WPS button is on your D Link router
- Next, you have to position the device you are connecting to your D Link router very close to it
- Afterward, press down the WPS button on your router. Keep pressing down until you see the LED from the WPS blink
- Subsequently, on the device you want to connect to the router, you have to press the WPS button
- Finally, when both the router and the device connect, you will get confirmation on both devices. You will see the light from the LED as an indicator.
Manual d-link ax5400 firmware Update
Updating the firmware is a very simple task that can be easily completed with the proper guide. You can use the step by step firmware update instructions to get your D-Link WiFi 6 Router AX5400 working perfectly again. Right before you begin the update process, kindly confirm that your wired connection is secure. You have to connect the computer you will be using to the D Link router with an ethernet cable. Avoid using the wireless connection for this process.
- The first thing to do is to download the latest firmware version of your DLink router from the official download center.
- Note this, if the file you have downloaded is in a zipped format, you have to first unzip it in order to be able to upload it.
- Now, open your computer and launch the updated browser. In the Web Address bar, type in the default IP address to load the login page.
- Afterwards, you have to input the right username and password into their respective fields. Check the sticker on your router to know the default login details.
- Subsequently, you will be on the setup page. On the Tab on your screen, select “Maintenance”
- Next, select “Firmware upgrade from that particular section.
- Now you have to upload the file that you have downloaded. Click on “Browse”. This will allow your local storage to be disp;layed. From there, select the firmware file.
- Next, select “Upload”. This will start the updating process. Wait for about 5 minutes for the process to be fully completed. Note that while the update is going on, refrain from doing any other activity on your computer or other devices involved in the process.
- Finally, when the process is over, you can refresh the router.
During the d-link ax5400 setup, there is an option to place your D Link router on an automatic update if you prefer. This will also save you the time of having to manually update your firmware. In addition to that, if you face any kind of technical problem while setting up, you can easily use the troubleshooting ideas to help resolve the problem.