Dlink router reset restores the factory default settings on your Dlink wifi router. In simple words, resetting your Dlink wifi router will get it back to its original settings with which your device was supplied. If you want to learn how to reset Dlink router, you need to learn some things related to that as well.
When you reset your router, all the settings, configurations, wireless connections, logs, etc get removed from the device. That means, the device will have go through the reconfigurations process in order to access the internet.
Well, in this post, we will discuss the two methods through which you can go with the Dlink router reset process.
Dlink router reset using dlinkrouter.local
If you have been using a Dlink router for quite some time, then you might be aware of the web address of your router. The web address dlinkrouter.local takes you to the web interface of the D-Link router. So you can learn this method as a Dlink router reset web interface method. Not all, but a few settings will be set to default with this method. Follow the steps below:
- Firstly, you need to login to your Dlink router using the default URL dlinkrouter.local.
- Open a web browser on a device connected to the router’s network.
- Enter the default URL in the address bar and click Go.
- After that, you will be taken to the Dlink router login page.
- Enter the username and Dlink router admin password. Click Login.
- Thereafter, click Tools and then click System.
- Click the Reset tab and a confirmation box will appear on the screen.
- Click Yes and your device will initiate the process to restore the factory default settings.
D-link router reset using a push button
In this method, you simply have to push a button located on your D-Link wifi router. This method is also known as the Hard Reset method. This method will completely restore the factory settings on your device. Make sure you reset your device only when it comes across a major glitch or problem.
- Take a paperclip or a toothpick because the reset button is found a little inside the frame of the router.
- To begin with, press and hold the reset button of your Dlink wifi router.
- Please ensure to hold down the push button for 10 seconds.
- Release the button when all the LEDs on your router start flashing.
- Give your router a few minutes to get back to the original settings.
- The router will restart after the reset process completes.
NOTE – Once the router reset process completes, make sure you reconfigure your device in order to access the internet through the wifi network. All your login credentials and passwords will be set to default after the reset process.
That was all about the Dlink router reset using the default URL dlinkrouter.local and the push button. We hope you got to learn how to reset Dlink router using both methods. If your router encounters any problem or error, please feel free to reach out to our support team.